Delicious and Healthy Palak soup recipe
Nutritional breakdown of spinach
One cup of raw spinach contains:
- 27 calories
- 0.86 grams of protein
- 30 milligrams of calcium
- 0.81 grams of iron
- 24 milligrams of magnesium
- 167 milligrams of potassium
- 2,813 micrograms of Vitamin A
- 58 micrograms of folate
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tej patta / bay leaf
- ¼ onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bunch palak / spinach leaves
- ¼ cup water, to blend
- ½ cup milk
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp pepper, crushed
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp fresh cream
- In a large kadai, add butter and tej leaf. saute till it turns aromatic.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the onions turn translucent.
- Add palak leaves. make sure to cut the stem and clean before you use.
- Add 2 cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow to cool completely and remove bay leaf.Once cooled, blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.Strain the purée with help of a sieve and transfer it to a kadhai.
- Further transfer the blended puree to the same kadai.
- Combine the cornflour-milk mixture and the cream in a bowl and mix well till no lumps remain and add it to the spinach purée and mix well. Cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and give a good mix.
- Get the puree to boil.
- Add crushed black pepper and sugar., stir 1 tbsp of corn starch with ¼ cup water and make a paste out of it. add it to the soup accordingly. stir again and check the consistency. the more corn starch you add the more thick your soup will be.
- Pour the soup in serving bowl and top with fresh cream
- enjoy the piping hot palak soup.
Health Benefits Of Spinach
- Improves Eyesight
Treats Macular Degeneration
Maintains Blood Pressure
Increases your Metabolism