does amazon affiliate pay for clicks and Amazon Affiliate program click payment terms and condition
Amazon Affiliate program click payment and terms and condition
1. Description of the Program
The purpose of the Program is to permit you to advertise Products on your site and to earn advertising fees for Qualifying Purchases (defined in Section 7) made by your end users. A “Product” is any item sold on the Amazon Site, other than any product that is listed on this page (collectively, “Excluded Products”). Product may also include certain services, if any, expressly included on the Associates Program Advertising Fee Schedule. In order to facilitate your advertisement of Products, we may make available to you data, images, text, link formats, widgets, links, and other linking tools, and other information in connection with the Program ("Content"). Content specifically excludes any data, images, text, or other information or content relating to products offered on any site other than the Amazon Site.
To begin the enrollment process, you must submit a complete and accurate Program application. You must identify your site in your application. We will evaluate your application and notify you of its acceptance or rejection. We may reject your application in our sole discretion including if we determine that your site is unsuitable. Unsuitable sites include those that:
(a) promote or contain sexually explicit materials;
(b) promote violence or contain violent materials;
(c) promote or contain libelous or defamatory materials;
(d) promote discrimination, or employ discriminatory practices, based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
(e) promote or undertake illegal activities;
(f) include any trademark of Amazon or its affiliates, or a variant or misspelling of a trademark of Amazon or its affiliates, in any domain name, subdomain name, or in any username, group name, or other identifier on any social networking site (see the Trademark Guidelines for examples); or
(g) otherwise violate intellectual property rights.
If we reject your application, you are welcome to reapply at any time. However, if we accept your application and we later determine that your site is unsuitable, we may terminate this Operating Agreement at any time in our sole discretion.
You will ensure that the information in your Program application and otherwise associated with your account, including your email address and other contact information and identification of your site, is at all times complete, accurate, and up-to-date. We may send notifications (if any), approvals (if any), and other communications relating to the Program and this Operating Agreement to the email address then-currently associated with your Program account. You will be deemed to have received all notifications, approvals, and other communications sent to that email address, even if the email address associated with your account is no longer current.
3. Links on Your Site
After you have been notified that you have been accepted into the Program, you may display Special Links on your site. “Special Links” are links to the Amazon Site that you place on your site in accordance with this Operating Agreement, that properly utilize the special “tagged” link formats we provide, and that comply with the Associates Program Linking Requirements. Special Links permit accurate tracking, reporting, and accrual of advertising fees.
You may earn advertising fees only as described in Section 7 and only with respect to activity on the Amazon Site occurring directly through Special Links. We will have no obligation to pay you advertising fees if you fail to properly format the links on your site to the Amazon Site as Special Links, including to the extent that such failure may result in any reduction of advertising fee amounts that would otherwise be paid to you under this Operating Agreement.
If you wish to include Special Links in a software application designed and intended for use on mobile phones, tablets, or other handheld devices (“Mobile Application”), you must include the name of the Mobile Application and the link to your Mobile Application in your application to the Program. The suitability and other requirements of this Section 3 and the Mobile Application Policy will apply to Mobile Applications. We will evaluate your application and notify you of its acceptance or rejection. A Mobile Application that is accepted will be an "Approved Mobile Application" for the purposes of this Agreement.
Special Links displayed in Approved Mobile Applications may be served by the Amazon Mobile Associates API (“AMA API”) or the Product Advertising API, including any Special Links displayed within an integrated web browser and must use the Associates ID we have assigned to you expressly for your Approved Mobile Applications.
4. Program Requirements
By participating in the Program, you agree that you will comply with the Associates Program Participation Requirements and all pages, schedules, policies, guidelines, and other documents and materials referenced in this Operating Agreement (collectively, “Operational Documentation”).
You will provide us with any information that we request to verify your compliance with this Operating Agreement or any Operational Documentation. If we determine that you have not complied with any requirement or restriction described on the Associates Program Participation Requirements page or any other Operational Documentation or that you have otherwise violated this Operating Agreement, we may (in addition to any other rights or remedies available to us): (a) withhold any advertising fees payable to you under this Operating Agreement,; (b) close any other accounts you may have or may open in the future, without payment of any advertising fees; (c) terminate this Operating Agreement, ; or (d) undertake all of the above actions.. In addition, you hereby consent to us:
- sending you emails relating to the Program from time to time;
- monitoring, recording, using, and disclosing information about your site and visitors to your site that we obtain in connection with your display of Special Links (e.g., that a particular Amazon customer clicked through a Special Link from your site before buying a Product on the Amazon Site) in accordance with the Amazon.in Privacy Notice; and
- monitoring, crawling, and otherwise investigating your site to verify compliance with this Operating Agreement and the Operational Documentation.
5. Responsibility for Your Site
You will be solely responsible for your site, including its development, operation, and maintenance and all materials that appear on or within it. For example, you will be solely responsible for:
- the technical operation of your site and all related equipment;
- displaying Special Links and Content on your site in compliance with this Operating Agreement and the Operational Documentation and any agreement between you and any other person or entity (including any restrictions or requirements placed on you by any person or entity that hosts your site);
- creating and posting, and ensuring the accuracy, completeness, and appropriateness of, materials posted on your site (including all Product descriptions and other Product-related materials and any information you include within or associate with Special Links);
- using the Content, your site, and the materials on or within your site in a manner that does not infringe, violate, or misappropriate any of our rights or those of any other person or entity (including copyrights, trademarks, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or proprietary rights);
- using the Content, your site, and the materials on or within your site in a manner that is not harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libelous or otherwise in any manner whatsoever;
- any use that you make of the Content and the Amazon Marks, whether or not permitted under this Operating Agreement.
We will have no liability for these matters or for any of your end users’ claims relating to these matters, and you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us, our affiliates and licensors, and our and their respective employees, officers, directors, and representatives, harmless from and against all claims, damages, losses, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) relating to (a) your site or any materials that appear on your site, including the combination of your site or those materials with other applications, content, or processes; (b) the use, development, design, manufacture, production, advertising, promotion, or marketing of your site or any materials that appear on or within your site, and all other matters described in this Section 5; (c) your use of any Content, whether or not such use is authorized by or violates this Operating Agreement, any Operational Documentation, or applicable law; (d) your violation of any term or condition of this Operating Agreement or any Operational Documentation; or (e) your or your employees' negligence or willful misconduct.
6. Order Processing
We will process Product orders placed by customers who follow Special Links from your site to the Amazon Site. We reserve the right to reject orders that do not comply with any requirements on the Amazon Site, as they may be updated from time to time. We will track Qualifying Purchases (defined in Section 7) for reporting and advertising fee accrual purposes and will make available to you reports summarizing those Qualifying Purchases.
7. Advertising Fees
We will pay you advertising fees on Qualifying Purchases in accordance with Section 8 and the Associates Program Advertising Fee Schedule. In the event any excess payment has been made to you for any reason whatsoever, we reserve the right to adjust or offset the same against any subsequent advertising fees payable to you under this Operating Agreement. Subject to the exclusions set forth below, a “Qualifying Purchase” occurs when (a) a customer clicks through a Special Link on your site to the Amazon Site; (b) during a single Session that the customer adds a Product to his or her shopping cart and places the order for that Product no later than 89 days following the customer’s initial click-through; or (c) the Product is shipped to, and paid for by, the customer.
A “Session” begins when a customer clicks through a Special Link on your site to the Amazon Site and ends upon the first to occur of the following: (x) 24 hours elapses from that click; (y) the customer places an order for a Product; or (z) the customer follows a Special Link to the Amazon Site that is not your Special Link.
Qualifying Purchases exclude, and we will not pay advertising fees on any of, the following:
- any Product that, after expiration of the applicable Session, is added to a customer’s Shopping Cart, or is streamed or downloaded by a customer, even if the customer previously followed a Special Link from your site to the Amazon Site;
- any Product purchase that is not correctly tracked or reported because the links from your site to the Amazon Site are not properly formatted;
- any Product purchased through a Special Link by you or on your behalf, including Products you purchase through Special Links for yourself, friends, relatives, or associates (e.g., personal orders, orders for your own use, and orders placed by you for or on behalf of any other person or entity);
- any Product purchased for resale or commercial use of any kind;
- any Product purchased after termination of this Operating Agreement;
- any Product order where a cancellation, return, or refund has been initiated; and
- any Product purchased by a customer who is referred to the Amazon Site through any of the following:
- a Prohibited Paid Search Placement; or
- a link to the Amazon Site, including a Redirecting Link, that is generated or displayed on a Search Engine in response to a general Internet search query or keyword (i.e., in natural, free, organic, or unpaid search results), whether those links appear through your submission of data to that site or otherwise.
- any Qualifying Purchase wherein you have offered any person or entity any consideration or incentive (including any money, rebate, discount, points, donation to charity or other organization, or other benefit) for using Special Links (e.g., by implementing any “rewards” or loyalty program that incentivizes persons or entities to visit the Amazon Site via your Special Links).
- any Product purchased through a Special Link in a Mobile Application that was not an Approved Mobile Application or where the Special Link in an Approved Mobile Application was not served by the AMA API, Product Advertising API or other linking tools that we make available to you.
- any Qualifying Purchase, which takes place in India, made through a mobile device or tablet wherein:
- the mobile application of the Amazon Site is pre-loaded by the original equipment manufacturer ("OEM") on the device or tablet; or
- the mobile application of the Amazon Site is installed through a maintenance release or firmware update or firmware based notifications sent by the OEM or the notification partner; or
- the mobile application of the Amazon Site is installed from a source other than Google Play store or iOS App Store
“Prohibited Paid Search Placement” means an advertisement that you purchased through bidding on keywords, search terms, or other identifiers (including Proprietary Terms) or other participation in keyword auctions. “Proprietary Term” means keywords, search terms, or other identifiers that include the word “amazon,” “Kindle,” or any other trademark of Amazon or its affiliates ( see a non-exhaustive list of our trademarks), or variations or misspellings of any of those words (e.g., “ammazon,” “amaozn,” “kindel”). “Redirecting Link” means a link that sends users indirectly to the Amazon Site via an intermediate site or webpage and without requiring the user to click on a link or take some other affirmative action on that intermediate site or webpage. “Search Engine” means Google, Yahoo, Bing, or any other search engine, portal, sponsored advertising service, or other search or referral service, or any site that participates in any of their respective networks.
8. Advertising Fee Payment
We will pay you advertising fees on a monthly basis for Qualifying Purchases shipped, streamed, or downloaded (as applicable) in a given month, subject to any applicable withholding or deduction described below. We will pay you approximately 60 days following the end of each calendar month, but we may accrue and withhold advertising fees until the total amount due to you is at least INR1000 in case of NEFT transfers.
The advertising fee payable to you is inclusive of all taxes including applicable service tax or goods and services tax or other tax or levy that you may be required to remit in connection with such services for which you will raise a valid invoice under applicable law(s) and regulations and report it in the returns within the prescribed time limit so that Amazon can take input tax credit of the taxes paid. You undertake to comply with any of the applicable provisions of such law including but not limited to:
- timely issuance of GST compliant invoices;
- making the invoices available to Amazon;
- depositing applicable taxes on a periodic basis; and
- correctly reporting them to the government under tax laws.
If at any time credit of taxes is denied or payment of taxes is sought from Amazon, due to, but not limited to, issuance of a deficient invoice, default in payment of taxes, inappropriate reporting in the returns filed or non-compliance of applicable laws and regulations by you, you shall indemnify Amazon against any denied credits or taxes recovered as well as any interest and penalties imposed on Amazon. If required by applicable Indian tax law, we may deduct or withhold taxes, levies or any similar amounts from the advertising fees payable to you. If you are an Indian resident, advertising fees payable to you will be subject to income tax withholding at the rate stipulated under applicable law. If you are not an Indian resident or have not provided us your PAN (Permanent Account Number), the rate of tax withholding applicable to you will vary. Further, if you are a non-resident, you agree to provide necessary documentation, as may be required, for Amazon to satisfy any reporting or any obligations with respect to the advertising fee payable to you. If we deduct or withhold taxes from advertising fees payable to you, we will issue to you the relevant withholding tax certificate, if required under the applicable law, evidencing deposit of the taxes with the relevant regulatory authorities (for non-resident this is subject to relevant documents made available). If you provide us with a nil or reduced withholding tax certificate, we will apply such nil or reduced tax rate as the applicable withholding tax rate on advertising fees payable to you. You hereby agree that you will not pursue any claim against Amazon or any of its affiliates, and hereby waive all such claims you may now or in the future have, in respect of any taxes Amazon deposits with a relevant taxing authority pursuant to the this Operating Agreement.
For details please visit Amazon Affiliate program